Nimda’s program of re-powering the M41 includes:
- Engine: New and improved. The engine was replaced with a diesel engine instead of the gasoline one.
- New cooling system: water based replacing the air cooling.
- A new power unit and a new Overhaul for the Allison CD00.
The improved M41 was tested under extreme environment conditions and terrains. The testing included:
- Cooling capability
- Towing capability
- Fording capability
- Max speed and acceleration
- Side slope operation
- Climbing ability up to 60%
- Max speed on gradient
- Operation in strong winds up to 80 km/h
- Operation on fields covered by high grass
The re-powered M41 has high durability and reliability. The acceleration has fast starting and the new engine provides fuel economy.